Join Not Far? Leave the Car
Travelling around Renfrewshire in a way that is good for the environment and your neighbourhood deserves more than just a pat on the back. With the BetterPoints app your sustainable journeys can earn you rewards every time you walk, wheel, run, cycle, or use public transport.
Earning BetterPoints is easy! Download the BetterPoints app from the App Store or Google Play. It will track how you choose to get around and show how many points you’ve earned. You can turn your points into high street shopping vouchers or donate them to your favourite charity!
Not Far? Leave the Car is due to run in Renfrewshire until December 31 2022. It’s about encouraging people to get around sustainably and help create a cleaner, greener area by travelling in ways that benefit the environment, health and your community, as well as helping the local economy too!
Watch a short video here or follow these instructions to get you started:
1. Download the BetterPoints app from the App Store or the Google Play Store.
2. Tap “Join Now” in the app and fill out the form.
3. You will be automatically added to Not Far? Leave the Car if you live in Renfrewshire. There will be a welcome message about this on your timeline in the app.
4. Tap the Play ▶ button in the top right corner of the app.
5. Track your activity via Automatic (always on) or Manual Tracking (when you want to track a specific activity.)
6. Start earning BetterPoints and BetterTickets!
7. Contact us for a referral code if you work in Renfrewshire but live outside the area: firstname.lastname@example.org
How can we help you to stay motivated?
With BetterPoints you can see your points accumulate in the app. Check out the rewards you can earn here. We will also share news of what is going on in your area to help you to stay active. We've got regular prize draws, plus we'll have campaigns, competitions and giveaways throughout the program.
How much information do I need to share to sign up?